This software supports Microsoft’s Windows
operating system. This software uses OpenGL for its graphics: you will need a
working OpenGL driver for your system. This software has not been tested on any
version of Windows except 64-bit Windows 10, version 1803. Do not expect this program
to work with any version of Windows prior to 64-bit Windows 7.
Changes in Version 1.89 of Wilbur [04 Feb 2019]
- I'm giving up on trying to keep Wilbur 32-bit clean. V1.88 is the
last 32-bit version that I'll distribute. A distribution will hang around for a while, but eventually
disappear like the Win32s version, the Win95 version, and so many other variants...
- Precipiton erosion is now multithreaded at the cost of reliable status updates during the operation.
- Status updates may be faster in many cases and may not show a UI at all for some operations on very fast machines.
- Ongoing general code cleanup, rebuilt with Visual Studio 2017 15.9.6. The Visual
Studio 2017 redistributable package for x86 or x64 is needed to make it
Changes in Version 1.88 of Wilbur [09 Apr 2018]
- V2 shader should work correctly for positive and negative latitude.
- General code cleanup, rebuilt with Visual Studio 2017 15.6.4. The Visual
Studio 2017 redistributable package for x64 is needed to make it
Changes in Version 1.87 of Wilbur [12 Oct 2017]
- Brushes can align to surface normal for painting.
- Brushes have an “align to base” option to allow stamping
houses onto terrain.
- Minor difference in the basic window styling.
- Should no longer appear to lock up if certain errors
during binary file read.
- General code cleanup, rebuilt with Visual Studio 2015
update 3. The Visual
Studio 2015 Update 3 redistributable package is needed to make it run
Changes in Version 1.86 of Wilbur [20 Nov 2016]
Changes in Version 1.85 of Wilbur [18 Oct 2016]
- Fixed issue with loading PNGs.
- Fixed issue that prevented correct operation of precipiton
erosion if a selection had been active but was no longer active.
Changes in Version 1.84 of Wilbur [01 Aug 2016]
- Rebuilt with Visual Studio 2015. Your mileage may vary.
You will probably need to download and install the appropriate Visual
Studio 2015 redistributable package because I seem to have had limited
success with the new installer maker.
- Added option for tessellate tool to read the fairly
useless “Lat/Lon Mesh” format saved by the main program to allow a way to
read that data back in for folks who didn’t think ahead and save into a
better file format.
- Bumped up the basin fill limit by another factor of 10 in
the x64 version to accommodate larger surfaces.
Changes in Version 1.83 of Wilbur [29 Jul 2014]
- Fixed a signed/unsigned error that crops up with very
large (e.g. 16384*8192) surfaces.
the Wilbur 64-bit Setup Program
a zip with the raw 64-bit Wilbur .exe file.
the Version 1.88 Wilbur 32-bit Setup Program. No newer 32-bit versions will be produced
or View the very old Documentation (zipped PDF)
Back to the
main software page